What is same day teeth?
Traditional dental implant procedures require between three and six months between placing an implant and restoring with the final replacement teeth. This ensures that following placement, the area completely heals and the implant bonds with the jaw, before it bears any load from the permanent replacement teeth. During this time, temporary restorations are often provided to ensure you are not left with any gaps.
With the latest technological advances at Peveril Road Dental & Implant Clinic, it is now possible to place an implant and restore with the final replacement crown, bridge or dentures immediately, ensuring you can walk out of the clinic with your new smile in one day.
Same day smile can be used to replace a single tooth, multiple teeth, or to anchor a complete set with denture stabilisation.
Why would you want same day teeth?
By having the Same Day Teeth treatment you will:
- Be more confident in your smile
- Never be without teeth
- Have reduced anxiety levels on your appearance
- Feel happier within yourself
- Be more confident in business and social situations
The treatment is simple, fast and there is no need to wear a temporary denture.
Contact us today on 0115 925 7487 to find out more.
What is involved?
- The dentist will take an X-ray and impression of your jaw, to produce an exact copy as a study model
- A removable denture will then be constructed for the intended teeth and will be transformed into a template for the CT scanning
- If required, a CT scan may be taken to help visualise and diagnose the jaws 3 dimensionally, to ensure there is enough bone to place the dental implants – This will also establish where your nerves and sinuses are
- On the day of treatment, we will place all your implants, numbing your mouth completely so you won’t feel any pain
- Once the implants are fitted, we will check them, fit your replacement teeth, and make any necessary adjustments
- You will need to see us for occasional check-ups over the next six months or so
- When your gums have completely healed and your implants have bonded with the bone, we will take new impressions of your mouth and create a final, stronger, permanent set of teeth
- The final solution can include both removable and fixed prostheses
- The fixed solution will include an implant bridge with porcelain or acrylic crowns cemented to the framework of the bridge
- The removable solutions include over-dentures on an implant bar that is attached by a variety of attachment systems